2021 Technical Support
KlezNorth is looking for volunteers to be part of the 2021 Tech Team and offering one paid Zoom tech role!
We will be holding KlezNorth on Zoom, with tech support/helpdesk on Jitsi.
The roles are as follows:
Moderators: ‘chairing’ a session in a breakout room: introducing the session leader, recording the session, muting and unmuting, managing the chat, giving 5 minutes notice, closing the room, filing the recording when ready and sending it to the Google Drive.
Tech Support role 1 (in-meeting host): managing the zoom meeting rooms from start to finish: setting up breakout rooms where needed, sound/light check(s) with session leader(s), letting people in from waiting room, recording the session, muting and unmuting people, managing the chat, supporting leaders with screen sharing, giving the session leaders 5 minutes notice, closing the room, filing the recording when ready and sending it to the Google Drive.
Tech Support role 2 (helpdesk and troubleshooting) – managing the helpdesk, providing information and support to any participants needing it, being available to go to any of the active sessions to provide support for security issues or when any hosts need support.
We are looking for:
- 10-12 Moderators to cover 2 sessions Saturday + 2 sessions Sunday for a reduction in the weekend price. No experience necessary: training will be given. You will receive a discount of £20 on the price of a full weekend ticket.
- 8-10 Volunteer Tech Support people to cover 4 sessions Saturday + 4 sessions Sunday for free access to the rest of KlezNorth. Some previous experience preferred but training will be given.
- 1 person for a paid role of 16 hours tech support over the weekend OR 2 people for a paid role of 8 hours tech support each. Rate is £10/hour. Some previous experience needed but training will be given.
If you are interested in the paid or volunteer roles then please fill in the form before the end of January. If you have any questions please contact contact Fiona (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Volunteers and moderators will need to attend at least one tech training session with tech team lead Fiona Frank. These will be taking place as follows
- Saturday 20th February 2 to 4 pm.
- Saturday 20th February 6 to 8 pm.
- Wednesday 24th February 2 to 4 pm.
- Sunday 28th Feb 4 to 6 pm.